I've been searching for this fic for a while—here's what I remember:
- It's a college au where both Steve and Tony are cis women
- Steve is "Stevie" and pretty sure Tony is "Toni (Antonia)"
- Peggy Carter is Stevie's best friend and is generally concerned for her and wary of Toni
- Stevie is generally anxious art student and (of course) in love with Toni, who seems unattainable -- what really stood out to me was the strength of the writing voice from Stevie's POV. It's not just about Stevie/Toni, it also tackles some more general themes about Stevie's confidence and dealing with her social anxiety
- Stevie thinking of herself as unattractive, some body image issues related to weight -- definitely a lot of references to clothing; I think somebody lends Stevie a short skirt or she buys one. Toni is described as beautiful a lot.
- It's a long one-shot -- maybe 10-15K
- I don't remember much of the plot, but I think at some point Toni invites Stevie to a pregame with Clint? and Natasha, and there's something of a oh-God-they're-all-hot-are-they-also-mea
- Stevie's grandmother is in the picture somehow -- either Stevie goes home to her for Christmas, or she's just passed away -- maybe references to a quilt or a blanket her grandmother made?
- References to rain? in the title?
Reading over these points my memory is clearly vague and a lot of these descriptors could match a lot of fics, I just remember this being such a good read. If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks in advance.