SEEKING: FIC, WinterIron, Integrating Winter, GoodBro!Clint, Hurt!Clint, Tower Invasion
Hello all! Joining in run up to A:IW, more than half way through a great year in the MCU lineup, can't wait for more, and looking for a favorite read in the mean while.
The FIC I remember had, as you can see in the title, a couple main points:
- The main, and possibly only, pairing is WinterIron, or James "Bucky" Barnes/Anthony "Tony" Stark. I remember that because I have a hard time suspending my disbelief of MCU Steve/Tony.
- Tony is actively trying to help Bucky overcome his control triggers and PTSD. I'm not sure if this would be a post Civil War fix-it, or if it is an AU following Winter Soldier, but the original Avengers are living together and working out of the Tower in NYC.
- GoodBro!Clint comes in when the Avengers realize that Tony is actually integrating the Winter Soldier and Bucky, and Clint says this was the thing that took them the longest with Natasha; sort of normalizing the skills and mindset that was beaten into them, and letting them (the former assassins) control how they use those abilities.
- The Avengers are out, avenging, through the remnants of SHIELD, hunting HYDRA, and Clint is injured, including breaking several bones. The team rotating in and out of the medical wing to keep Hurt!Clint in while he recovers is a particular setting.
- Following this, the HYDRA hunt draws the Avengers out, minus Bucky and Clint. This proves to be a trap, as HYDRA attempts to storm the Tower, possibly specifically in their efforts to recapture the Winter Soldier. Facing this invasion, realizing he needs all his skills, Bucky asks Clint to trigger him.
I'm unsure of the ending of this fic, although I'm fairly certain I read it as complete, on the AO3. Any help regarding the identity or whereabouts of this story would be immensely welcome, and I thank you all for your kind consideration.
As an aside, could we possibly have a dedicated WinterIron tag?